Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL), with 2011 annual revenues of $2.9 billion, is a leading global provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. Headquartered in Ohio, USA, PolyOne has operations in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia as well as joint ventures in North America and South America. PolyOne serves more than 10,000 customers across the globe and offers more than 35,000 polymer solutions. The company has more than 4,000 employees worldwide located in more than 40 manufacturing and warehouse facilities, over a dozen labs and technical centers, and sales and service locations on four continents.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, spending accounts and 401(k). For more information about PolyOne visitwww.polyone.com
Under the Supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for ensuring an efficient maintenance department, equipment/facility reliability, continuous improvement of equipment, maintenance systems and maintenance associates training and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Purchases and maintains the inventory of parts, supplies, tools or equipment needed to perform maintenance and related functions to drive reliable processes.
* Improves reliability and uptime of all equipment, included but not limited to, improving inventory stocks, identifying critical spare parts, equipment breakdown investigation, corrective action implementation, etc. via data driven analysis.
* Prioritizes schedules and coordinates work to be performed on equipment. Ensures work is completed safely, efficiently and effectively following the PolyOne standards. Maintains the E- Maintenance system. Use these systems as the main communication tool for maintenance purposes. Makes sure due dates are being met.
* Documents work completed such as work orders, PM records, equipment information/history, electronic files, etc. for easy retrieval by other coworkers.
* Supports maintenance training programs, including but not limited to, implementation, ongoing training, improvement and record keeping.
* Responsible for securely maintaining repair parts inventory at determined levels.
* Supporting the implementation of a Proactive Maintenance program for all plant equipment.
* Position follows, implements, and trains others on applicable Safety, Health and Environmental rules and guidelines while performing any procedure work. Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
* Supports team in achieving departmental goals as assigned by Manager.
* Supports team in maintaining an organized, clean, and safe area.
* Supports team in all matters of safe work practices, reporting exceptions and non-conformances when observed to Manager.
* Supports the team in all matters of safe work practices, reporting exceptions via their Manager. Supports the team in matters of housekeeping and environmental compliance.
* Supports troubleshooting activities, facilitating contact and follow-up with support teams, such as maintenance via their Manager.
* Participates and supports the training of new employees and re-training present departmental employees in processes and methods as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Requires high school diploma or GED equivalency.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product recipes/material identifications.
* Must have math skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide and the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
* Must be able to effectively communicate in English one-on-one and in small group situations.
* Must have ability to reason and address problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of small hand tools, scales, spatula, barrel cart, hand trucks, fork lift, utility knife, and mixer/blender machinery and computer equipment.
* Requires the knowledge and ability to operate/run multiple processes including mixer/mill machinery and equipment and run multiple batches.
* Must have strong working knowledge of chemical and/or color ingredients and mixing processes.
* Must possess leadership qualities to be a role model for the team.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
* 3 years of related work experience.
* Working knowledge of SAP
* Experienced and knowledgeable in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Visio, etc.)
Required Certification, Licenses, Registration:
* Will require successful completion of operator training for all powered industrial vehicles.
To submit your resume and salary history you must apply tohttp://careers.polyone.com
PolyOne Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. PolyOne will use E-Verify to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.
Vonore, TN, US.