Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Valet Attendant
Location: TN-Nashville-East Garage
Job Number: 1301597
Valet attendants will drive, park and retrieve customer cars in a safe and courteous manner and assist customers in and out of their vehicle.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
* SAFETY REPORTING:
a) Reporting any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of VUMC policy, safety hazards, or unusual occurrence;
b) Communicates debris, water, oil spills, etc. to Supervisor.
* SAFE DRIVING: a) Drives, parks and retrieves all cars in a safe manner in concert with VUMC safety guidelines and policies.
* ON-STAGE PERFORMANCE: a) Clean and neat uniform; b) Assists supervisor in maintaining a clean and neat work area; c) Makes eye contact and smiles when communicating; d) Shows a sense of urgency and stays accessible to provide assistance and support when needed; e) Avoids cell phone usage and food/drink consumption when in public space.
* SERVICE: a) uses patient/visitor names; b) Introduces self to others; c) Anticipates the needs of others; d) Opens and closes vehicle doors for arriving and departing patient/visitors; e) offers a warm greeting/farewell and directions; f) Courteously assists customers by answering questions; g) handles complaints professionally and communicates to supervisor when needed.
* TICKET PROCEDURES: a) Performs vehicle inspections; b) Instructs patient/visitors where and how to claim vehicle; c) Releases vehicles only after verifying claim check number; d) Provides attendant identity for all vehicle movement; e) Communicates vehicles with special instructions to co-workers and supervisors.
* VALET PROCEDURES: a) Secures patient/visitor keys; b) Properly documents location of parked vehicles; c) Refuses tips; d) Avoids tampering with radio, climate control, sunroof and personal items; f) Locks doors after parking vehicles.
* PRODUCTIVITY: a) Works at a steady pace to ensure fair distribution of workload.
Multiple positions are available.
Job requires High school graduate or GED and 2 years of experience or the equivalent. Valid TN Drivers License required.
Job: Parking and Transportation