Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Senior Auditor
Location: TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Job Number: 1301589
Performs reviews of accounting functions, operations and information systems for the Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
* Performs project planning function, including audit risk assessment, audit program development, and time budget preparation.
* Gathers, documents, and evaluates processes, policies, and procedures as part of an internal audit. Makes verbal and written recommendations on ways to enhance and improve internal controls and operations.
* Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with internal client throughout the project by communicating regularly to obtain information, apprise internal client of project status, and discuss audit issues and potential recommendations.
* May participate in presentations made to VU departments to promote awareness of internal controls and provide a mechanism to heighten customer awareness of the internal audit function and audit services performed.
* Contributes to the overall effectiveness of the team.
This is a full-time, exempt level position. Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm.
Job requires Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in public accounting, internal audit, or healthcare auditing. Understanding of the healthcare environment is preferred.
Successful candidates will possess CPA and/or CIA certification or in pursuance with completion within 2 years of employment. Strong PC, analytical, written and verbal communication skills required.
Job: Professional and Managerial