Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Code 13-0196
Title Senior Financial Control Analyst
Are you ready to explore the corporate side of retail? The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. and worldwide, operating four major divisions -- Marmaxx (T.J. Maxx and Marshalls) and HomeGoods in the United States; TJX Canada (Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls); and TJX Europe (T.K. Maxx and HomeSense). With over $23 billion in revenues in 2011, more than 2,900 stores, and approximately 168,000 Associates, success is always in style at TJX. We at TJX understand that both our customers and the talent pool from which our Associates come are increasingly diverse. Our core values of respect, integrity and fairness are inherent in the relationships we build with each other, our vendors and our customers. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates and customers to create both a diversified mix of talent within TJX and a diversified mix of merchandise within our stores. We consider the unique views and opinions of our Associates to be key to our growth and success in the future.
Senior Financial Control Analyst
Performs on- site audits which consists of ascertaining, evaluating, and documenting financial as well as operational controls within the Fulfillment Center. Through these audits, the position will assist in ensuring the accuracy of the financial and unit valuation of merchandise received, shipped, returned and disposed of. Serves as an on- site liason between the Home Office eCommerce Operations Division, Finance Division and Loss Prevention. Responsibilities:
* Collaborates with eCommerce Operations, Financial Control, LP, 3PL and Photo Studio Provider in creating and updating SOPs. Obtains approvals for changes within TJX.
* Responsible for performing two bi- monthly audits in the Fulfillment Center (one Operational Audit, one for eCommerce Timing/Invoicing/Returns processing flow). The Operational Audit includes testing each of the major operational areas of the building (receiving, layup, header entry, putaway, Photo studio pick/return, cycle counting, pick/pack/ship, holdings,and returns). The Timing/Invoicing/Returns/Flow audit tests the KPI/SLA matrix and provides information relative to the flow of merchandise from the FC to the customer through returns processing. Based upon these audits, this position is responsible for reporting the results to management, and recommending improvements to existing FC controls and procedures.
* Keep current on activities in the Fulfillment Center. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all operating procedures which deal with the flow of merchandise through the FC. Utilize available reporting to identify and present opportunities for efficiencies to FC management.
* Ensure the integrity of inventory throughout the fiscal year. Recommend improvements to FC management to reduce damages, to reduce shrink, and to increase the accuracy of FC inventory. Research Over/Shorts and perform maintenance when necessary.
* Responsible for the FC Inventory process in the cycle counting methodology of inventory management.
* Conduct Audits are reviews of all Caged / High Value / High Shrink merchandise areas. Prepare reports and corrective action plans as needed. Work with FC management to correct issues and make improvements.
* Work with FC Supervisor to assist in the training and development of new and staff level of the function of Senior FC Analysts role.
* Work with Home Office associates from other divisions as appropriate on special projections that have financial implications. This includes participation in reviews of special merchandising opportunities, assisting in financial and LP audit programs by reviewing inbound/outbound shipping, reviewing FC processing changes, and reviewing systems opportunities. Participate in ad- hoc analysis as necessary.
* Develops, prepares and communicates findings in via memos, reports, conference calls and meetings.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or Retail
* Accouting/Audit Skills
* Ability to work independently
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Distribution or merchandise experience
* Strong interpersonal skills
* 2-4 years of Accounting, Auditing, Distribution Center Operations, Loss Prevention, Merchandising, or Planning experience
What's In It For You?
At the TJX Companies, Inc., conveniently located directly off both the Mass Pike and Route 9, you'll not
only enjoy the security of working for a stable and profitable industry leader, but you'll also enjoy the benefits
that go along with it, such as: Medical/Dental/Life insurance, a Dependent Care Spending Account,
Associate Discounts and a Savings/Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan.
Click Herefor a full list of the benefits of working for The TJX Companies, Inc.
TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.