Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: NIS Project Development Engineer (Memphis)
Under general direction, ensures proactive sales engineering design, development and profitable growth of Network Integration Solutions (NIS), which falls into three main categories: Network Infrastructure, Enterprise Integration and IT based Enterprise Applications design. Support sales across all vertical markets and lines of business in the assigned region. Bundled offers to include technology contracting bundling of NIS and standalone NIS sales engagements in a fast pace, team - oriented sales environment. Multi-tasks across numerous sales engagements by providing engineering support within the discovery, verify, present/propose and close stages of the Johnson Controls sales process with credibility and passion.
* Provides support as the regional subject matter expert for all NIS Solutions. Supports and designs building automation and physical security solutions that require an IT Infrastructure and/or integration.
* Partners with the sales team to conduct a needs assessment of customer requirements, critical areas, needs and budget.
* Partners with the sales team to develop a scope of work and supporting documentation, to include conceptual solution options, diagrams, workflow, business case, etc. to support a compelling winning solution.
* Performs site surveys and walk-through of customer facilities/networks to further assist sales and engineering efforts. Meets and interacts with customer IT, Facility or Energy Mgmt staff for the purpose of gathering information for sales and engineering efforts.
* Manages proposal activities, such as Request for Proposal/Information (RFP), (RFI), renewals and re-bids by providing edits and reviews of written solution plans and requirements. Manages proposal process, including working with Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Proposal Development.
* Provides scope definition and systems development assistance for outside partners and suppliers, electrical subcontractors and VARs including; scope, terms and conditions, bid forms, and contract reviews.
* Supports training for regional personnel on NIS estimating tool sets. Updates region estimating team on current processes, tools and material pricing.
* Reviews the proposed solution designs with the estimating team, sales team and appropriate operations team to obtain mutual agreement.
* Leads portions of the presentation to the C-level or economic client as needed by presenting the scope of work and functional demonstrations for all NIS solutions.
* Assists in training regional employees on the basics of wired and wireless Networks, Integrations and other key NIS application solutions, ensuring that the sales and operation teams understand our solutions and how to address customers' needs.
* Represents the sales team in operational reviews of NIS projects for final solution, costing estimate and operational risk assessment.
* Works as a liaison with the Regional Sales Manager - NIS and the National NIS Program Development Manager to ensure the latest best practices are incorporated within the client solutions.
* Visits or spends time on customer project sites to assist and troubleshoot network related issues pertaining to NIS as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent experience. MBA highly desirable. Minimum of twelve years experience in Engineering & Sales Engineering in the areas of LAN/WAN architecture, wireless, integration, IT & Communication applications with a minimum of a Cisco CCDA Certification with a specialization/certification in one of the following areas: CCNP, CCSP, CCVP or CCDP. Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer interface skills, problem solving, and the ability to be a highly effective team member is required.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. MBA highly desirable. Minimum of twelve years experience in Engineering & Sales Engineering in the areas of Building Management System design, troubleshooting, Sequence of Operations. Industry certification in one or more of the following areas, LEED, CEM or Systems Integration is required. A complete understanding of protocols, interfaces, IT networking, security and firewalls is a requirement. Experience in the Energy related field like Meter monitoring, Energy Analytics would be an advantage. Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer interface skills, problem solving, and the ability to be a highly effective team member is required.