Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
ServiceMaster Corporate - BSC
IT Architect (Fusion, Data) - 100671
TN-1000022 - Memphis Campus - 889
First Open Date:
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
The BI Architect shall provide strategic level technical leadership for the BI Architecture and must be able to perform hands on analysis and modeling. He or she will oversee the technical design of the BI Architecture. He or she will implement methodologies, standards, and tools.
Define and enhance the Enterprise Information Architecture strategy models for business application. Build, integrate, and manage enterprise technology platforms that align with the company's goals, objectives and direction. Serve on architectural review team.
• Uplift the maturity model; from historical and operational analysis to predictive decision support. From departmental solutions to an integrated, enterprise framework.
• Play a key role in defining the information delivery architecture for small to large solutions.
• Advise business and other architects on current developments in BI tools and technologies in information delivery space and how to properly apply those technologies and tools.
• Create a framework in which multiple information solutions for various business domains can be delivered in a consistent platform.
• Participate in key project design reviews as part of the methodology process to ensure application designs adhere to enterprise information architecture guidelines. In-depth experience designing and implementing solutions.
• Possess advanced interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
• Engage and Lead Matrix teams on Technical Discussions (Designer/Develop/Ops Support)
• Ability to facilitate meetings and collaborate across teams (including business)
• Ability to follow leadership direction and convey the direction to the team members
• Business Functions and their Data Needs
• Business Requirements
• May provide supervision of both internal resources and external, contracted resources.
• Create the Enterprise Information Architecture (EIA) strategy describing the current state, future state, and guidance necessary to flexibly share and exchange information assets.
• Create requirements, principles and models supporting the Business Intelligence strategy.
• Act as a facilitator, planner, change agent, champion and coach for Business Intelligence projects.
• Lead evaluation, selection, implementation and adoption of new enterprise data tools, standards and processes.
• Actively mentor, train and provide leadership to junior members of the data management staff including assessment in development and delivery of architecture material for ServiceMaster.
• Maintain knowledge of technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
• Serve on Architectural review teams as necessary for project review and approval.
• ServiceMaster Commitment
• Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
• Results Orientations/Sense of Urgency
• Change Mastery
• Relationship Building/Sensitivity
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
Education and Experience Requirements
• B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent formal training preferred.
• 9+ years in IT with at least 7 years of designing information architectures for different architectural environments (web, mainframe, client/server, thin-client).
• Performance-based enterprise and strategic thinker who can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Self motivated, hard working, sociable, and driven by professional success.
• Proven experience in evaluating cross-functional decisions that will enable an organization to achieve its objectives.
• A demonstrated successful track record of delivering programs of medium or above priority and risk is required.
• Professional IT Architect certification is a plus.
• Must have experience in leading, building and implementing a large scale transition to Enterprise Information Architecture including application development, integration, and data integration/data exchange.
• Must have an expert level competency in at least one of the Enterprise architecture frameworks (Zachman, TOGAF, other).
• Require strong communication skills and the ability to understand and simplify complex material.
• Generally recognized as a qualified expert in information and data management methodology and technique.
• Expert understanding and can speak to application development life cycle and methodologies.
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
• Strong leadership ability with a track record of developing people and achieving challenging objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Leads the Design, Support and implementation of enterprise wide BI applications and architecture
• Optimizes the performance of enterprise-wide ETL and BI tools.
• Develops and maintains standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure and attributes of the BI tools and systems.
• Researches new technology and develops business cases to support further use and adoption of enterprise wide BI solutions.
• Strong BI foundation and understanding of Dimensional Modeling and OLAP
• Create complex technical solutions and design utilizing BI architecture and other technologies
• BI Systems knowledge needed –
• Required - IBM Cognos
• Preferred - Oracle OBIEE
• Preferred – other BI Solutions
• An ability to quickly recognize solutions to arising issues. A drive to meet SLA's and develop metrics that ensure that SLAs are met
• An ability to identify and leverage department resources to accomplish goals
• Performance-based enterprise and strategic thinker who can manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Must have an expert level competency in at least one of the Enterprise architecture frameworks (Zachman, TOGAF, other)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Search for Other Jobs