Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Instructional Designer III - 100608
TN-1000023 - Forest Hill Irene
First Open Date:
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Designs and develops learning solutions in support of business initiatives and skills development. Responsible for designing, writing, developing, and maintaining eLearning courses/tutorials, webinars, business and system simulations, quick reference guides, job aids, videos, and other learning and performance support materials.
• Leads the design, writing, development, and maintenance of instructor-led and e-learning courses/tutorials, webinars, user guides, quick reference guides, job aids, policies, procedures, and other learning and support materials for business initiatives
•Evaluates and designs new and existing training curricula
•Manages relationships with business partners to determine training needs and design, develop and implement more advanced learning programs (e.g., supervisory skills, conflict resolution, process improvement, etc.).
•Manages the development cycle for training projects including needs analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation
•Recommends media for delivery such as instructor led, e-learning, combination or other media taking into account audience and enterprise needs
•May travel as needed
• ServiceMaster Objectives
• Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
• Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
• Change Mastery
• Relationship Building/Sensitivity
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree with 3-4 years of instructional design and development experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Master’s degree preferred
• Experience with training methodologies, instructional design systems and processes required
• Experience with multimedia development software (e.g., Adobe tools, Articulate) and other simulation software required
• Proven experience with development software such as Captivate, Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver and other simulation software.
• Experience recording and editing audio required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of instructional design principles and theories (e.g., adult learning theory, organizational development, Kirkpatrick model of evaluation, Bloom’s taxonomy, etc.)
• Knowledge and skill with multimedia development software (e.g., Adobe tools, Articulate) and other simulation software
• Knowledge of current and emerging learning technologies
• Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications
• Analytical skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge and skill to organize, plan, manage, execute and evaluate projects
• Video production skills include producing, directing, scriptwriting and editing
• Knowledge of LMS, SCORM, Web-Based Training (WBT)
• Knowledge of online teaching and learning methods
• Knowledge of producing online Assessment tools, e.g., QuestionMark Perception.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Search for Other Jobs